《CIRCULAR RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE》
Circular to Client relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”)
1. From time to time, it is necessary for Client to supply Ever-Long with Client’s personal and/or a copy of Client identification documents in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts with Ever-Long or provision of services relating to securities investment by Ever-Long.
2. Failure to supply such data may result in Ever-Long being unable to open and provision or continuation of financial or advisory services to you.
3. It is also the case that Client’s personal data are collected from clients in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
4. The purposes for which personal data supplied by Client may be used are as follows:
(a) the daily operation of the Services provided to Client;
(b) conduct credit checks;
(c) assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
(d) ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of Client;
(e) designing services relating to securities investment, or related products for customer's use;
(f) marketing services relating to securities investment, or related products;
(g) determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers;
collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customer's obligation;
meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any rule, regulation or law binding on Ever-Long; and
(j) purposes relating thereto.
5. Personal data of Client held by Ever-Long will be kept confidential but Ever-Long may provide such information to:
any agents, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to Ever-Long in connection with the operation of its business
any other branch of Ever-Long or any related companies in connection with the promotion or provision of products or services that our group may render
any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Ever-Long including Ever-Long’s Group Companies which has undertaken to keep such information confidential
any financial institution and their respective associates with which Client has or proposes to have dealings; and
(e) any actual or proposed assignee of Ever-Long or participant or sub-participant or transferee of Ever-Long’s right in respect of Client.
6. Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing
Ever-Long intends to use personal data of Client in direct marketing and may not so use the data unless it has received Client's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to the intended use. Please note that:
(a) the name, contact details (telephone number, fax number, email address and address), products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data which are held by Ever-Long from time to time may be used in direct marketing;
(b) the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
(i) securities, investment, financial, credit and related services and products; and
(ii) reward, incentive or promotional programs and related services and products;
(c) the above services, products and subjects may be provided by Ever-Long or Ever-Long’s Group Companies; and
(d) in addition to marketing the above services, products and subjects by itself, Ever-Long also intends to provide the data described in paragraph 6(a) above to Ever-Long’s Group Companies for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and Ever-Long may not so provide the data unless it has received Client’s (being an individual) written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to the intended provision.
If Client (being an individual) does not wish Ever-Long to use or provide to other persons his/her data for use in direct marketing as described above, Client may exercise his/her opt-out right by notifying Ever-Long through the channel specified in paragraph 9 below.
7. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance any individual: -
(a) has the right to check whether Ever-Long hold data about him and the right of access to such data;
(b) has the right to require Ever-Long to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
(c) has the right to ascertain Ever-Long’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Ever-Long’s.
8. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Ever-Long have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
9. When you register, upload certificate, edit your personal information, carry out live video and use other functions of Ever-Long, if you adopt the "Photo" or “Video” mode under the “Camera” of your device, Ever-Long will use the Camera permission of your device; if you adopt the "Selecting from Album" mode, Ever-Long will use the Album permission and the folder read-write permission of your device. In case that you save useful pictures that you find on Ever-Long to your Album, Ever-Long will also use the Album permission and the folder read-write permission of your device. The photos and files uploaded by you will be stored in our server, since this function cannot be realized without storage. Besides, Ever-Long will use the Sound permission of device. The voice message uploaded by you will be stored in our server, since this function cannot be realized without storage.
10. The person to whom requests for : (i) access to data or correction of data for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held; and (ii) exercising his/her opt-out right in relation to direct marketing, are to be addressed as follows: -
Address : Rooms 1101-02 & 1111-12, 11/F, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
Telephone : 2815-3522
Fax : 2581-0638
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org